In order to use the Facebook Login feature of zM AJAX Login & Register you will need to create a Facebook App, add the domain name for your App, and add the needed settings to your AJAX Login & Register WordPress settings.
Creating the Facebook App
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/
- Click “Apps”
- Create a new App by clicking “Create a New App”, (you may have to “register as a developer”)
Adding the Domain Name for your App
Once your app is created, goto the dashboard for your app by clicking the app name.
- Click Settings
- Enter the domain for your App in the field “App Domains”
- Click save changes
Entering the needed information to WordPress
Once you’ve created the Facebook App you are now ready to enter the settings into WordPress.
- From your Facebook App dashboard copy your App ID
- Paste your App ID into your WordPress settings
- Click “save”
- Facebook Open Graph Object Debugger – This is used to verify that Facebook can retrieve necessary information about the URL you have provided
Note Facebook “OG” tags are NOT related to Facebook Login, as they provide meta information Facebook uses for sharing content.